You always had the power my dear - how to use a wand with your partner.
You always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself - Glinda from The Wizard of Oz.
Hitachi style wands have been best sellers since they were invented in the 70s, wands and other clitoral stimulators are by far the most popular products in our store. We are under no illusion as to why wands are such popular sex toys for women because they deliver fantastic orgasms – power and direct stimulation.
When it comes to partnered sex you may tend to reach for a toy other than your wand. Most women need clitoral stimulation to reach orgasm and sex toys are a great way to facilitate that. Thankfully sex toys are becoming more of a norm for exploration in many of our sexual relationships. Sex toys are a compliment and not competition and we at Bliss love that more and more individuals and couples are seeing that as the case. We all want our partner to experience pleasure and orgasm, that is what sex toys are designed for so why wouldn’t you want to include them.
Many love wands because of they are powerful, create direct stimulation, have long handles which make reaching your clitoris easy. For those of us that find reaching twisting or contorting ourselves or to reach our genitals due to movement restrictions caused by illness, injury, age or disability, sex toys like wands are great. All those fantastic attributes can be used during partnered sex too, don’t fall into the trap of thinking the size of a wand will get in the way. There are always ways and means.
If you or your partner are new to sex toys during sex you may want to start with something like the Fin finger vibrator or the Eva 2 couples vibrator by Dame Products or a great little bullet vibrator from our range. If you want to jump straight because the wand is your favourite go to for masturbation you may want to introduce your wand to your partner by showing them how you use it on yourself. We are very confident they will love the show, be turned on and want to help. In that case we are about to share some ways that you can include the ever-popular wand into partnered sex. As in real estate it is all about position and here are 5 for you;
1. In any sexual experience it is important to find the right position where you are both comfortable and that you find pleasurable. When you include any sex toy especially something that is the size of a wand, that rule still applies.
2. Spooning & variations to suit - Aka comfy morning sex position. This can be tricky to describe but it is one of the easiest and relaxed positions to get into which is the reason we say aka comfy morning sex position. Lie on your back and spread your legs, bent at the knee. Have your partner enter you from below, perpendicular to your body. Drape your knees over their side. You can align bodies like you would in a classic spoon for more intimacy or for freedom of movement or comfort stay are 45 or 90 (whatever works for you) degree angle to your partner. In this position your wand is easy to place and manoeuvre like you would when you masturbate. You have easy access to your clitoris during intercourse. There is little or no strain for either you or your partner, but this comfy morning sex position will take on a whole new level of pleasure when you include your wand. It is also a great viewing position for your partner if you are at an angle to them. You both get the pleasure or intercourse (so internal stimulation for you), they get amazing visual stimulation by getting to watch you and you get the intense clitoral stimulation from your wand that you know and love. Hands up who wants to try this one now?🙌🏽 🙌🏾 🙌🏼 🙌 🙌🏿
3. Missionary - Old faithful can be spiced up by simply slipping the wand between you and your partner. If you want to be able to hold the wand the way you do when you masturbate your partner may need to hold themselves up to keep some space between your torsos. If in the heat of the moment you come closer to kiss or touch the weight of your partners body is likely to push the head of the wand firm on your clit so be prepared for some more intense stimulation and the intense orgasm that is likely to follow.
4. Doggy Style - If you love doggy style solo or partnered than this is worth trying with your wand. To start get yourself a wedge like the Pillo by Dame Products and/or a pile of pillows, yes, this one is comfy too. Prop your wand against the pillows so you can lean your vulva against the top. Lie on your stomach, with the wedge/pillows under your hips. Have your partner enter you with their penis, fingers or dildo from behind as you normally would. Given that you are not likely to have your hips at the same height you would when you are on all fours, it may be easier on your partners back/knees if you position yourself close to the edge of the bed so that they can stand behind you or stand one leg on the floor and one leg on the bed behind you. Try a few ways and see what is most comfortable for both of you. This position is another win, win, you can be as active or focused on the wand as you like, and your partner gets to watch but they also get to enjoy the deep penetration that doggy style brings.
5. Queening - Torn between your love of oral sex and the wand, lets combine both – have your cake and eat it too like the Queen that you are and enjoy an orgasm that you will not forget quickly. Prop yourself up on a throne of pillows like a queen, hold your wand against your glans clitoris (the small part of the clitoris you can see) while your partner uses their tongue on the rest of your vulva, your labial lips and your vagina opening. The vaginal opening is full of nerve endings and is amazing for exploration, also the reason why you feel pleasure just as your partner enters your vagina.
Some of our favourites are Le Wand Special Edition, Le Wand Petite Massager, or Magic Wand by Lelo and the Palm Power wand. We like our sex toys like we like our people: Non-Toxic, highly quality, and pleasurable.