Why use Reusable Cloth Pads?
How are they made?
Ecopads Australia cloth pads are comprised of four main components; the topper, core, backer and snaps. The fabrics we choose to work with are for their environmental stance and impact.
Topper - This fabric has direct contact with your skin and is usually made with cotton, minky fleece of flannel.
Core - This is your layer of absorbency. For each different size pad, you may find that they vary in absorbency. This is to tailor for what girls and women need, and also what you might prefer.
Backing - The backing in our cloth pads always include a layer of polyurethane laminate, which provides extra security as a water resistant layer. The final layer is generally made with either cotton, courduroy or a fleece.
Snaps - We use KAM snaps and eyelet fasteners to allow for ease of wearing. These serve as wings are used to keep your pad in place when worn.
Why use reusable pads?
1. SUSTAINABILITY Disposables are the 3rd largest consumer items in landfill.
2. ABSORBENCY Cloth pads are generally more absorbent than disposables.
3. AFFORDABILITY An average woman will spend at least $100 dollars on disposables per year. Starter Kits are avaliable at our shop.
4. HEALTH Disposables run the risk of Toxic Shock Syndrome and hazardous chemicals to be absorbed into the body.
5. CLEANING They are much easier to clean than you might think. Click hereto find out just how easy it is!
6. DURABILITY A cloth pad lasts at least 1-3 years depending how well you look after them. Some women still have them going strong after 18!
7. COMFORTABILITY They feel amazing against your skin and you can choose what type of materials work best if you have any allergies.
8. THEY ARE FUN! Choose your favourite patterns, your need absorbency and your favourite design!
How to clean your reusable pads?
Ecopads need tender love and care to maximise its potential and ensure safety for continued use. We have provided a general step-by-step guide to help you care for your cloth pad.
1. Put some cold water into a bucket with an eco oxi clean
2. Throw your soiled cloth pad into the bucket
3. After 24 hours of soaking, launder as per normal
Source: Ecopads Australia -Plantimal, 2016
All information sourced from our supplier Ecopads Australia. Ecopads Australia are cloth pads with a cause. For ever pad that is purchased from their range Ecopads Australia sends a pad to girls and women in need. Ecopads also works to provide clean water and sanitation along with educational workshops relating to sex and health hygiene. They work with organisations and programs that aim to empower women and challenge the cultural stigmas around menstruation. The Bliss Team is so excited to have Ecopads in store. Love your work and thankyou!
Disclaimer: The information contained in this document should be read as general in nature and is only to provide an overview of the subject matter covered. Please read product packaging carefully and follow all instructions.