Have you ever tried a giving or getting a sensual massage? Would you put this in the category of foreplay (aka outer play)? So, when you hear the word ‘foreplay’, what comes to mind? Making out, oral sex, heavy petting, flirting over dinner? Foreplay includes all that and more, it includes all the fun activities you do up until intercourse and every part of it up until and including intercourse really do make up a quality sexual experience.
Today we will be talking about massages, in particular those ones that you get from your partner that increase arousal and fall into the category of sensual. In general massages are great for you and have so many health benefits including the following;
- Reduces stress
- Improves circulation
- Helps reduce pain
- Removes toxins from the body
- Improves quality of sleep
- Reduces fatigue
- Can release oxytocin (love hormone) which increases trust between two people. This is where the sensual massage part comes in.
Want to try a sensual massage? Why not we say. So here are some spots to massage that your partner may absolutely love. Remember to use a lovely massage oil to make your hands move freely and smoothly over your partner’s skin. Like other types of sensual and sexual activity lubrication is better and too much friction is bad.
Bits to include in a sensual massage (that you may not have thought of)
- The Lips – Lips have many sensory nerves which means kissing, licking, touching them is so arousing. To include them in a sensual massage try starting with smooth slow circular motions gently pressing on the temples, moving onto the cheeks then the jaw. When you reach the lips start at the outer edge of the lips it is also the most sensitive
- The Inner Thigh – The inner thigh is very sensitive, and a very intimate part of the body so ask or pay close attention to how your partner responds when you go here. Consent is important. The inner thigh extremely sensitive, when it is massaged, it really does get the blood flowing. Start by running your hands up and down the thighs slowly. Then, knead the inner thigh (like you would dough). If at this point you feel like teasing, you could add in an innocent brush against the genitals.
- The Ears - Yet another sensitive part of the body, the ears are an erogenous zone, and perfect for massaging in sensual moments. You can squeeze them lightly using your thumb and forefinger, you can use your tongue to glide along the c-shape of the ear. Touching ears can be like touching feet for some people so again ask if its ok or pay close attention to how your partner responds when you start touching their ears.
- The Butt – Massaging your partners butt cheeks can be very arousing for both parties. Start with smooth circles from the outside and move inwards, vary the pressure and type of movement you use. Massaging close to the anus is very much a personal preference so if you know you partner has hard limits on this area don’t try. If they do not you can incorporate teasing their anus into you massage. Remember to clean your hands before you go exploring any other parts.
- The neck – For some it is certain spots on the back of the neck that can be very arousing for others it is the front. For the front of the neck in men trace wide circles with your fingertip around the Adam’s apple. Try using your lips to gently touch the hollow of the throat and then move onto creating wide circles using your tongue. Kissing and teasing the hollow of the neck for many of us is arousing.
- Behind the knees – This can be very, very sensitive so proceed with caution or you may get kicked. Start by scratching and caressing the area to warm them up, and follow that with light circles in the crevice of the knees using your tongue.
Essentials for a sensual massage.
Enhance intimacy and pleasure of any sensual massage by:
- Using a massage lotion or oil that feels and smells good.
- Make sure the room is warm and comfortable.
- Use candles or dim lighting.
- Pop on your sexiest or most relaxing playlist.
- For that extra touch use a room fragrance that they love. Remember smell can trigger wonderful feelings and emotions – your brain is your biggest sex organ.
Remember if you want to give your hands a break you can use things like feather ticklers or a vibrating massager (Like Laya by Fun Factory or Mimi Soft by JeJoue or Pom by Dame Products) to change up the sensations and pleasure you are giving your partner.